Join the fun!
The indoor season is approaching and we can’t wait!!
Looking for something to do during the cold winter nights? Looking for a way to keep active in the off-season?
Active touch is an exciting variation on touch rugby played indoors during the winter season and it’s a great way to keep fit! And its super fun!
The sport caters for all levels of touch rugby players as well as newbies with the goal of bringing people together for some fun and active week-day winter evenings.
Active Touch combines the skills and speed of touch and the agility of Ultimate Frisbee, Basketball and Netball – perfect for staying sharp in the off-season! In this post we’ll walk you through the basics and highlight some key skills you can develop through Active Touch. The next season kicks off on October 5th at the Wandle Recreation Centre, conveniently located near Wandsworth Town Station.
- Team size: 4 v 4.
- Played in an indoor gym.
- Pass the ball in any direction and move into space.
- Goal is to avoid getting touched and get the ball into your oppositions scoring zone for a touchdown.
In2Touch have compiled a short video of the basic rules that you can view here!
The finer details:
1. Starting the Game
- To begin a match, simply tap the ball on the ground.
2. Three Touches and Turnover
- Each team has three touches (attempts to advance the ball) before a turnover occurs. This adds an element of strategy and quick thinking to the game.
3. Passing and Movement
- Players can pass the ball in any direction and move around the court to attack the opponent’s defence.
- The objective is to score points by touching the ball within a designated score zone
- The score zone is “opened” once your team completes 2 passes
5. Game Continuation
- The game continues until the ball touches the ground or a try is scored. Expect thrilling moments, interceptions, and plenty of action.
6. Unlimited Substitutions
- Just like in Touch Rugby, Active Touch allows unlimited substitutions, ensuring that everyone stays engaged and energised throughout the game.
Late-summer – 05/10 – 16/11
Autumn – 30/11 – 14/12 (Christmas break), restarts 18/01 – 08/02
VENUE : THE WANDLE RECREATION CENTRE
Cost: £375 per team per league