Touch Rugby Refereering
We are always on the look out for Touch Rugby referees to join our team. Refereeing is a great way to get fit, become part of a community and meet like minded people all whilst earning extra money!
By signing up to referee as little as one game per week or up to seven days per week ; you have the opportunity to set your own schedule. Let us know when you’re available and we can work around your work/playing commitments.
If weekday evenings are not suitable for you or you only want to referee a few additional game, do get in touch as we have one-day tournaments we need referees for too.
We welcome all individuals regardless of experience, ability, age, gender or affiliation!
Benefits of becoming a Touch Referee
• GET FIT
• DEVELOP SKILLS. It’s a great way to develop leadership skills and confidence
• GET BETTER AT TOUCH. It helps improve your Touch game because you’ll develop a better understanding of the sport
• MEET PEOPLE. You’ll become part of a great community and make new friends
• ENJOY NIGHTS OUT each year with all the referees
• OPPORTUNITIES. Ref at larger events and national/international tournaments
• CHALLENGE YOURSELF to something new
• EARN SOME MONEY. Refs are paid per game they officiate + financial bonuses are also awarded
Players who have taken up Touch refereeing have seen an improvement in their ability to read the game!
Additionally, a few of our ref’s have gone on and refereed at other one day social events as well as regional, national and international tournaments.
Where to begin – get in touch
- Shadow one of our current referees for a game or two
- Ref one of the lower grade social games
- Attend an Intro to Touch Refereeing session
- Attend an official Referee Course
- Ultimately, starting to ref at a social league is the perfect place
Additional league information
- Leagues run throughout London in local parks and clubs : contact us to find the venue closest to you!
- Players and teams sign up for the whole season, and each team plays one game per week.
- layed year-round on a pitch half the size of a regular rugby pitch
- Leagues mainly run on weekday evenings, generally from 6:20 pm or later, with some weekend leagues.
- Games are 40-minute long, where you can typically ref 2-4 games on a night in a row or ref around your team’s game.
Whatever your motivation is for refereeing, all referees are well trained, and well looked after. We understand that high-quality referees are a vital part of the In2Touch experience.
Have a question or would like to find out more on how to join us as a referee? Get in Touch with our team on email@example.com.